Your stamping vendor should have an in-house tool room for the following reasons.
- Reduced lead time from the purchase order, part drawing to parts of the press.
- Quality of the tool meets the production standards
Outside tooling vendors have to make a profit on the tool.
- Quality preventive tool maintenance performed by a tool and die maker.
- Maintenance friendly tooling design and built.
Toolmakers approach die builts differently if they know they have to maintain them too.
- Modification or tool adjustments can be made quickly.
- Short lead time for spare parts thus reduced downtime.
- Preventive tool maintenance reduces downtime.
- Direct feedback from production to tool maker.
- Design and build are driven by part quantity and required precision.
- Feedback directly from quality assurance to tool maker.
- Accountability of die makers to meet required part quality
- Required equipment for tool maintenance is assured.
- Sensors are utilized and standardized to reduce the risk of die failure.
- Complete documentation package from CAD models, drawings to a detailed bill of materials.
We certainly understood the importance from the start and out tooling crew is ready to take on your challenge.
We would love to hear from you email us